Wenger rules out Sanchez, Ozil exits in January

Wenger rules out Sanchez, Ozil exits in January

An upturn in form for Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil at Arsenal may be down to the approaching transfer window, says Emmanuel Petit.

Nevertheless, the same source suggests that the failure to do so will tempt Arsene Wenger to cash in on his services as he does not want to release the former Real Madrid man on a free at the end of the season.

The Citizens wanted to land Sanchez in the summer transfer window and saw a £60 million deadline day move fall through, with Arsenal failing to land the player's replacement, Thomas Lemar, from Monaco.

Sanchez has turned down an offer to extend his deal at the Emirates and the Gunners looked resigned to losing him either in January or for free next summer, with the striker allowed to speak with foreign clubs in the New Year.

Asked whether the duo would remain in north London, Wenger said last month: "I am not the only one who can decide that". We have said it many times. "I rule it out [them leaving in January]".


There is a huge likelihood that the pair are playing their hearts out in their bid to attract interest from potential suitors with their futures being up in the air, but there could well be the possibility that they are fighting to stay also.

Arsenal stars took the opportunity to give back to the community on Tuesday afternoon as they paid a visit to various hospitals in London.

The latter will reportedly not open negotiations with City over a new contract until after the upcoming World Cup this summer.

The Chile global, 28, has previously worked with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, and he could link up with his former manager in a blockbuster deal that would strengthen the hand of a City side, who have won their last 20 games in all competitions.

Related Articles